Monday, July 12

Sadly, you're happier now.

do you think that in searching for happiness,  you find more sadness instead? Or perhaps in becoming a more cheerful person, you also had to experience the bitterness of deeper pain? Would you pay that price then? When you achieve a goal but instead of delirious jubilation usually associated with achievements you find yourself confused what would that mean? Hey! Just imagine what would happen if I mismatch all your emotions to wrong situations. You'll never know what to work for again!

I know people always look back at their childhood and say that times were happier back then. Perhaps it is not that childhood was a happier time. But that emotions in childhood was more moderate and mild? Or maybe it just became a distant memory of a hazy utopia we project into our own minds.

2 comments:

  1. I think the latter. Only because it was hazier. I tried to experiment with how I felt once. Like stamp it in my own face that THIS IS THE WORST I'VE FELT, and constantly remind myself. Then after that I was convinced that was the worst I've ever felt. Try it. Maybe you'll feel, in ten years time, whenever you feel bad, that that wasn't the worst time you felt in your life after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like psychological conditioning? But using memory as a placebo is interesting... I wonder if it'll be as effective, since you have to not feel like you're cheating yourself

    ReplyDelete